In the ever-evolving landscape of music streaming, the partnership between Sonos and Spotify has revolutionized the way users experience their favorite tunes throughout their homes. Initially exclusive to Spotify Premium subscribers, this wireless music integration extended its support to Spotify Free users in 2019. In this guide, we'll walk you through the seamless process of connecting Spotify to Sonos on PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone, enabling you to effortlessly play Spotify music on your Sonos speakers. Let's dive in!
Part 1: Connecting Sonos with Spotify on Desktop and Mobile
On Android and iPhone
- Install and open the Sonos app on your iOS/Android device.
- Navigate to "Settings" and select "Services & Voice."
- Under "Music & Content," click "Add a Service," then choose "Spotify."
- Select "Add to Sonos" and sign in to your Spotify account to successfully link Spotify with Sonos.
On PC and Mac
- Install the Sonos app on your computer and launch it.
- Open "Choose Music Source" and click "Add Music Services."
- Choose "Spotify," sign in to your account, completing the Spotify addition to Sonos.
Part 2: Playing Spotify on Sonos
After integrating Spotify with Sonos, you can use either the Sonos app or Spotify app to play music directly on your Sonos speakers.
Using the Sonos App
- Open the Sonos app on your device and navigate to "Browse."
- Select Spotify, log in, and explore your saved playlists or search for desired tracks.
- Tap on the music, and it will play seamlessly on your Sonos speakers.
Note: While Sonos supports both free and premium Spotify accounts, free users can skip up to six tracks per hour when using the Sonos app.
Using the Spotify App
- Ensure your Sonos speaker and Spotify device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Spotify app, sign in, and select a playlist.
- Access the "Current Track" screen and tap "Devices Available."
- Choose your Sonos speaker to stream Spotify directly through it.
Part 3: Playing Spotify on Sonos Offline without Restrictions
Some users face limitations in playing Spotify on Sonos, even with premium subscriptions. To enjoy Spotify songs on Sonos without restrictions, follow these steps:
- Utilize ViWizard Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify songs to MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, etc.
- After conversion, transfer the songs to the Sonos app on your Windows or Mac computer.
- In the Sonos app, go to "Manage" and select "Music Library Settings."
- Add the converted songs, allowing you to play Spotify offline on your Sonos speaker.
Part 4: Bonus Tip for Multiple Spotify Accounts on Sonos
Easily connect friends' or family members' Spotify accounts to your Sonos:
- Ensure all devices with Spotify accounts are on the same Wi-Fi as Sonos.
- Start the Spotify app on a smartphone, play any song, and choose Sonos under "Available Devices."
Alternatively, follow the steps mentioned earlier to add more Spotify accounts through the Sonos app.
Part 5: FAQs for Troubleshooting Sonos-Spotify Connection
Encountering issues connecting Spotify to Sonos? Try these solutions:
- Confirm both devices are on the same Wi-Fi.
- Switch Wi-Fi networks and attempt to reconnect.
- Remove Spotify on the Sonos app and reconnect.
- Update both Spotify and Sonos apps to the latest versions.
- Experiment with Spotify Connect to establish a connection.
Part 6: Conclusion
With the provided insights, you can seamlessly connect and enjoy Spotify on your Sonos speakers. For Spotify Free users or those looking to enhance their listening experience, ViWizard Spotify Music Converter offers a solution to play Spotify songs offline without constraints. Whether on Windows or Mac, follow the steps to convert and transfer Spotify songs for an enhanced, offline playback experience.
By implementing these detailed steps, you'll unlock the full potential of Spotify and Sonos integration, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted musical journey throughout your home.