In a groundbreaking partnership, Spotify and Sonos have joined forces to offer an unparalleled listening experience to users. Initially exclusive to Spotify Premium subscribers, this feature expanded to include Spotify Free users in 2019, democratizing access to high-quality audio across a wider audience.
Part 1: Adding Spotify to Sonos
Before diving into the music, ensure your Sonos and Spotify apps are up-to-date. Follow these steps to seamlessly connect Spotify to your Sonos system:
Setting Up Your Sonos Speaker and Devices
- Ensure your Sonos speaker is powered on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device.
Downloading and Installing the Sonos App
- Download and install the latest version of the Sonos app on your mobile or computer.
Adding Spotify to Your Sonos Speakers
For iOS or Android:
- Open the Sonos app and navigate to "Music & Content," then select Spotify.
- Tap "Add to Sonos" and follow on-screen instructions.
For Mac or PC:
- Open the Sonos app and select "Add Music Services" under "Select a Music Source."
- Click on Spotify and follow prompts to add it.
Part 2: Playing Spotify on Sonos
With Spotify successfully integrated, it's time to enjoy your favorite tracks through Sonos:
- Navigate back to the Sonos app's main screen.
- Select "Browse" and choose Spotify under "Music & Content."
- Search for your desired content and tap play, then select your Sonos speaker.
Please note, while Spotify Voice Control isn't integrated with Sonos, you can explore alternative services like Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Deezer.
Part 3: Uploading Spotify Music to Sonos
For those experiencing difficulties, consider using ViWizard Spotify Music Converter:
- Launch the ViWizard software and log into your Spotify account.
- Drag and drop Spotify tracks, playlists, or albums into ViWizard.
- Configure output format preferences (MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, etc.).
- Convert and download Spotify content.
Import the converted files into the Sonos app to enjoy your Spotify library hassle-free.
Part 4: Adjusting Spotify Settings on Sonos
Optimize your Spotify experience on Sonos with these tips:
Logging Out of Spotify on Sonos:
- On Spotify app: Remove Sonos from approved applications.
- On Sonos app: Go to Settings > Services & Voice > Spotify, and select "Remove Account."
Changing Spotify Account on Sonos:
- For iOS or Android: Go to Browse, select Spotify, and choose the desired account.
- For Mac or PC: Select Spotify from the Music Source panel, then choose the account.
Part 5: Troubleshooting Spotify on Sonos
Address common issues with these steps:
- Ensure your Sonos account's country is correctly set under Profile > Address.
- If Spotify isn't appearing on Sonos, try disconnecting and reconnecting the services.
Part 6: Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to common queries:
Can I use Spotify with Sonos with a Free account?
- Yes, both Free and Premium Spotify users can enjoy Sonos integration.
Why can't I play Spotify on Sonos?
- Ensure your Sonos app is updated to at least version 10.13.
Can I play my own music on Sonos?
- Absolutely! Add your own music tracks via Manage > Music Library Settings.
What bitrate and format does Spotify use?
- Spotify streams in OGG format up to 320kbps, depending on your internet connection.
With these comprehensive steps, you can seamlessly integrate Spotify into your Sonos experience. Enjoy a world of music at your fingertips, and make the most of this dynamic collaboration between two industry leaders. Elevate your listening experience with Spotify on Sonos today.